- Perfecting the Probiotic Rich Pickle
- Reflections on our food budget
- What can I eat?
- How to achieve goals PT 4: letting go & resetting
- Budget and Real Food – plus more on goals and sourdough
- Waste Not, Want Not
- Kneady Sourdough, understanding starter
- Dinner from the lounge
- Lunch from the lounge and more kitchen hacks.
- How to achieve goals, pt 3: Chunking
Decadent Mushroom Sauce or Soup
Decadent mushroom sauce:
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons ghee
1 cup raw milk or coconut milk (full fat no fillers)
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (if dried 1/2)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme or oregano (if dried half amount)
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 egg yolks
Sautee mushrooms in ghee in a large skillet until brown on both sides. Add milk or coconut milk. Turn off heat. Stir in sea salt, rosemary and fresh thyme or oregano. Blend in your food processor or with an immersion blender. In a sauce pan, put lemon juice and egg yolks whipping with the immersion blender or whisk over low/medium heat, slowly stirring in the mushroom sauce, once blended stir until it begins thickening. Add salt and pepper to taste and top any roasted veggies or meat with this yummy nutrient rich sauce!
You can use this as a base for soup as well by adding in veggie or bone broth to amplify.