- 1 cup whole mustard seeds
- 2/3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup raw apple cider vinegar or kombucha vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (about two medium lemons)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- With a blender or food processor on pulse setting, partially grind the dry mustard seeds, leaving most of them whole. You can also just do whole seeds alone.
- Add the water, vinegar, sweetener, citrus juice, salt and spices to the blender and process for 1 minute.
- Place the mustard into glass jars leaving one inch of headroom. Cover the jars tightly.
- Place the jars on the counter to ferment at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
- Transfer the jars to the refrigerator for storage and use as desired.