Giblets And Neck, Saved From The Uncooked Turkey
Drippings From Roasted Turkey – if you don’t have then use 1/2 cup of melted rendered lard with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
1/4 cup sourdough starter + 1/2 cup finely ground day old sourdough bread
4 cups brone broth
1/4 cups chopped parsely
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1. Roast the giblets and neck in an cast iron skilled, add 1/2 cup water and cover, boiling the neck and giblets
2. Chop the giblets and pull the meat off the neck.
3. Reserve the giblet water.
4. Roast the turkey, then pour all the pan drippings into a pitcher or bowl.
5. Allow the drippings to separate from the fat.
6. Skim off the fat and put in a separate bowl.
7. Add fat back to the roasting pan over medium heat.
8. Whisk in starter and sourdough crumbs, cook the roux until brown.
9. Add broth
10. Add the separated drippings (start with half, work your way up.)
11. Stir until thick, add more broth or giblet broth if needed.
12. Add giblets and neck meat.
13. Add herbs, and then salt and pepper (taste first!)
14. Serve hot and bubbly!