- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup tamari or fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons date sugar 0r replace sugar by reducing down over ripe 1/4 cup pureed fruit in the sauce pan first (our favorites include plums, figs, cherries or peaches)
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasses
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 green onion, green part only, cut into rings and/or ground sansho pepper
- Combine the lime and sake in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low for 5 minutes, then add the tamari and sugar & molasses. Stir until dissolved. Adjust the heat to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until reduced by about a third and thickened. There should be a very generous 1/2 cup. Set aside to cool and concentrate. . Return to room temperature before using.
- For cooking add the fat from your food to thin sauce and then coat it liberally. If using vegetables, mix in 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or saute vegetables in coconut oil and add sauce.