Raw Kale Salad
- 5-6 organic sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Bragg’s Amino Acids or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon organic Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
Take all the items above and mix in a care jar/mason jar or glass dish. You can make the dressing up to three days in advance.
- ¼ cup dried currants
- 3 bunches of hand tear Kale (the flat version is sometimes easier than the curly)
- ½ cup shredded Carrots
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
Hand tearing your kale is the best result to have the kale breakdown and be processed with the highest nutrients and minerals. Remove the outer portion of the leaves away from the stem and tear into bite size pieces.
The final two steps are the most important for the flavor and texture of the salad.
Pour the dressing over the kale salad and massage the kale thoroughly until all leaves are moist. Then toss in sesame seeds, carrots and currants.
Store the salad in a tight lid glass container (a care jar or mason jar works well) and seal shut in fridge over night. The dressing works on breaking down the raw kale to make it easier to digest.