Any type of seeds or nuts will work, but here is what I used:
1/4c raw poppy seeds
1/4c raw sesame seeds
1/4c raw sunflower seeds
1/4c raw shredded coconut
Mix all into a large glass bowl, set aside.
In a hand mill or a processor on low
Another 1/4c raw sunflower seeds
6 raw pitted dates
1/4c raw currants
2 tablespoons black strap molasses
1 tablespoon honey
Mix the ingredients in the processor until just slightly chopped/mixed (don’t over process)
Add the chopped ingredients into a bowl with the seeds/nuts
Add 1 tspn coconut oil and 2 tablespoons cinnamon. I suggest you mix with your hands but you can use a spoon too if you need. The consistency should be like thick dough or Playdoh. Once it is well mixed, shape 2 tablespoons at a time into logs, or bars.
Place on parchment paper 1” apart. Put in oven at 180-200 for an hour so that bars can dry out on the outside. Take out, let cool and store in airtight container in the fridge.
- Perfecting the Probiotic Rich Pickle
- Reflections on our food budget
- What can I eat?
- How to achieve goals PT 4: letting go & resetting
- Budget and Real Food – plus more on goals and sourdough
- Waste Not, Want Not
- Kneady Sourdough, understanding starter
- Dinner from the lounge
- Lunch from the lounge and more kitchen hacks.
- How to achieve goals, pt 3: Chunking