- Perfecting the Probiotic Rich Pickle
- Reflections on our food budget
- What can I eat?
- How to achieve goals PT 4: letting go & resetting
- Budget and Real Food – plus more on goals and sourdough
- Waste Not, Want Not
- Kneady Sourdough, understanding starter
- Dinner from the lounge
- Lunch from the lounge and more kitchen hacks.
- How to achieve goals, pt 3: Chunking
Gut Healing Key Lime Treats
Gut healing Key Lime Pie
• ¼ cup currants
• ¼ cup raw shredded coconut
• 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
• 2 tablespoons ghee
Put in a processor on high until a flour consistency
Press paper cupcake molds, bake at 325 for 10 minutes, cool.
• 4 limes, juiced and zested
• Put zest aside
• 4 tablespoons gelatin, bloom in juice of 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, cut into small pieces
In medium sauce pan, add chunks of gelatin over medium heat.
Add remaining lime juice and zest + 1 tablespoon of water (or kombucha vinegar) stir frequently until begins to dissolve, careful not to burn
• 1 egg yolk and continue heating until thickened
• Add zest
• 1/3 cup heavy raw whipping cream, turn off heat
• Add 4 tablespoons manuka honey
Using an immersion blender, whip until smooth, pour into cups.
Put into fridge for 20 minutes and enjoy.